6 Signs You Need To Learn More About Nutrition

August 18, 2022

Spend time talking to friends or people at work about nutrition or diet habits. Chances are you will hear some wild ideas with no science backing. From carbs making you fat to eating fat making you fat, people tend to stick to the ideas that make them feel comfortable about nutrition. 

With the rise of fitness/nutrition, social media is the area of “research” for most people who follow other “influencers” is there a time when it might be the moment to get off social media and learn more outside of the information buddle? 

Fruit does not make you fat.

So let’s look at some of the worst nutritional advice we’ve ever heard.

You only eat egg whites because the yolk has too much fat

While egg yolks are the most nutritious part of an egg, they have been blamed for raising your cholesterol.

In a study to see the effects of eggs on cholesterol, 70% of participants did not affect their cholesterol levels. In comparison, 30% experienced a rise in HDL (good) cholesterol and reductions in LDL (bad) particles.

Eggs are a great source of antioxidants, high-quality protein, fats, and choline. 90% of people do not get enough choline. The other 10% must be those who regularly participate in bodybuilding activities.

Eggs are a nutritious food that can help you stay healthy. Eating whole eggs doesn’t make you gain weight; your weight is due to the calories in the food you’re eating, not the type of egg.

You say low-fat foods are a healthier alternative

While egg yolks are the most nutritious part of an egg, they have been blamed for raising your cholesterol.

In a study to see the effects of eggs on cholesterol, 70% of participants did not affect their cholesterol levels. In comparison, 30% experienced a rise in HDL (good) cholesterol and reductions in LDL (bad) particles.

Eggs are a great source of antioxidants, high-quality protein, fats, and choline. 90% of people do not get enough choline. The other 10% must be those who regularly participate in bodybuilding activities.

Eggs are a nutritious food that can help you stay healthy. Eating whole eggs doesn’t make you gain weight; your weight is due to the calories in the food you’re eating, not the type of egg.

You tell someone to eliminate an entire food group

Macro manipulation can help with weight loss, strength, and muscle growth. However, telling someone to eliminate carbohydrates, fats, or protein from their diet is not advisable due to the human body’s metabolic process.

If you are overweight, like I am, you know you overeat and don’t get enough exercise. You need to stop lying to yourself and start taking action to change this situation.

You think a calorie is a calorie

Eating one slice of the Cheesecake Factory’s Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake is equivalent to consuming 2.79 pounds of chicken.

Eat foods that provide the nutrients your body needs, rather than calories from calorie-dense foods.

You call anything "fattening"

Overeating any food can be fattening. 

You think you have to eat every 2 hours to keep your metabolism going

There is a slight thermogenic boost when you maintain this unrealistic feeding schedule.

Your metabolism doesn’t slow down from not eating after a few hours; does it take you several hours to eat breakfast?

Why eating more frequently can work:

  • Eating more frequently will help you fend off hunger, which will help to prevent cravings.
  • It is similar to the difference between going to the store hungry or full; you’ll almost always buy something that wasn’t intended.

Why eating more frequently may not work:

  • Eating often requires prepping and planning meals.
  • Eating processed snacks will not provide your body with the nutrients it needs.
  • Eating too many calories can lead to weight gain over time, which is especially easy to do if you don’t take care to plan your meals carefully. Keeping track of how many calories you’re consuming daily can help keep your weight stable.

Last Words

When learning new nutrition and diet tips, it is important to have an open mind. However, tread with caution when someone is giving advice and then “selling” the solution. 

Wow, sugar and carbs are bad for you? Try this keto diet. It works just like that. Stay smart when online.

Remember, anyone can call themself an “expert.”

Eagle Nest

TEAM PATRIOT WANTS YOU

Gain insider access to exclusive offers, events, and updates — straight from the source

ONLINE SHOP

FREE delivery on orders over $99*

LOYALTY PROGRAM

Rewards earned with every purchase

PHYSICAL STORES

Professional guidance on a personal level

Start typing to search Patriot

Unlock 15% OFF
your next order
*When you sign up for emails – Exclusions Apply

Get exclusive updates right to your inbox