Topical vs. Oral Administration
Although comparable to oral-dosage forms in efficacy, topical creams have numerous advantages over oral forms. First, topical administration avoids the first-pass effect of metabolism associated with the oral route. Therefore, topical administration allows for much higher and improved bioavailability. Second, topical administration allows prolonged release of compounds, which can improve adherence. Third, topical administration minimizes adverse effects due to lower peak concentrations of compounds. Most compounds are very effectively removed by the liver when taken orally. This means that much higher doses, ten to twenty times higher, must be taken when administering orally, as compared to topical administration that avoid the first pass effect of the liver
(Per 8 Pumps)
Powered by Icariin®, Laxogenin® & 5-DHEA
Icariin® is an active flavonoid component of the Epimedium plant species commonly known as Horny Goat Weed. Extracts from these plants have long been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for enhancing libido and male sexual function. Due to its widespread distribution and movement in the body including the brain, icariin exhibits far-ranging biological activities such as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, neuroprotection, anti-tumor activity, as well as promoting overall health in the heart, bones, and a variety of other organs.
Laxogenin® is an anabolic building block that is derived from plants and it can be used by the body to create its own proteins. It does this by increasing protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, creating an anabolic environment in the body that gives the effects of increased muscle strength and mass, endurance, recovery, and lean gains. Laxogenin® also helps to inhibit cortisol – a nasty hormone we get from both mental and physical stress, which signals the body to store fat and burn muscle.
Super 5-DHEA has been popular in the life extension crowd since the 1980’s. It’s typically used for its ability to support energy and general well being. More recently, higher doses of 5-DHEA have been used to improve body composition due to DHEA’s mild anabolic and thermogenic effects. This makes 5-DHEA an excellent choice for cutting during a calorie deficient diet, since 5-DHEA has good muscle sparing properties.
Other ingredient: Vitamin D3 (1000IU) is necessary to support healthy testosterone levels in males.
TestroZone Topical Delivery System
- Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) – is a high purity solvent and carrier which offers a safe, effective delivery enhancement mechanism for the active ingredients in TestroZone.
- Ethoxydiglycol – is a cosmetic grade solvent that conforms to the current USP/NF monographs. Ethoxydiglycol is particularly appropriate for skin care preparations where it acts as an excellent solvent and carrier.
- Propylene glycol – is an organic compound that is used 2 primary reasons. First, it has the traits of a humectant; it is able to absorb and help the skin retain moisture. Second, it helps active ingredients penetrate the skin.
- Glycerin – when used on skin works as humectant, which is why it attracts moisture onto your skin.
- Carbomer – helps to distribute and suspend the active ingredients in the TestroZone gel.
- Triethanolamine (TEA) – Helps the water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients blend better. TEA neutralizes fatty acids and solubilizes oils and other ingredients that are not completely soluble in water.
For best results apply 4 pumps of Testozone twice daily (4 pumps in AM & 4 pumps in PM) to the upper arms, shoulders/traps, thighs or abdominal areas. Ensure the areas are clean and free from excessive hair, avoid showering or swimming for at least 8 hours after application.